I am always astonished when I go on clothing shopping trips with family or friends.
The cost of clothing is crazy expensive! I have witnessed friends spend over $100 for just three items, if they are lucky. When they pull out that credit card, yes my mouth drops open and I instantly wish they would adopt me.
Sometimes I wonder if I could ever pay full price for clothing. Would I, say if I won the lottery go on a shopping spree and reenact the scene from my favorite movie, Pretty Woman? (For those of you to young to know the movie, you need to rent it today!)
But the answer to that question is no, I really don’t think so. I am a second hand girl at heart, who loves to find a deal. This is why I love finding a good deal on clothing;
- I love estimating my savings and applying them to my car loan to pay it off quicker.
- I love always having something new to wear.
- I love the feeling when I ruin a top that I don’t feel like $40 just went down the drain!
- I love it when I am constantly stopped and complimented on my clothing! As a side note, I have not mastered how to take a compliment! I should just say thank you but I always have to brag about how much I paid for the outfit!
- I love that clothing is my least expensive home bill!
So now that I have convinced you to check out second hand here are some places you can find good deals:
- eBay – online store owners – These small business owners invest monthly store fees to run and manage their store. They are serious sellers and invest a great deal of time to find you the deals. Remember, when you shop eBay you save GAS MONEY and you save TIME. And we all know, time is money!
- Second hand boutiques – In my area I love Gerri’s Closet in Green, Ohio and Twice is Nice in Hartville, Ohio. These boutiques are super cute and have a lovely, trendy environment.
- Goodwill – Involves some hunting and an investment of time.
I am one of those eBay store owners. Designer Name Brand Goods and More I dedicate my Saturdays and Sundays to finding “like new” clothing. Myself, husband and daughter work through the week to post these items in our eBay store. Talk about “family time”! I have been selling on eBay since 2003 and have loved every moment!
I hope this article was a fun and quick read. Check out second hand and think about applying those savings to a large bill such as a car loan. If back to school is tough on the budget start looking now for clothing on eBay for those little ones. They will never know unless you tell them!