Are you a nice person? I am. Been told at times to nice. According to La La Anthony’s book, The Power Playbook, being nice leads to power.
I have tried not to be “so” nice. I put on my tough face. I try to be a silent powerful force. I encourage myself to not say “Good Morning”. It only lasts 10 minutes before smiles and “can I help with that” bubbles out of me. Reading La La’s book made me realize it’s ok to be nice. Nice leads to power in your life. She made me realize that my being nice is actually my gift.
Nice is POWER
Being nice has given me the power to take care of my family. It enables me to continue to grow my eBay business. Being nice enabled me this past year to make a career change in a down economy so that I can provide my family with much needed medical benefits. Have you figured out that I work a ton? I do but you would never know it because I am nice! (I only whine to a few select friends!) Being nice got me the job and continues to grow my online business. Being nice makes me happy. Being nice allows me to continue to reach for the stars.
Life Can Steal Nice
No matter how tired I am. No matter how sad I am. No matter if I just got bad news, I am a nice person. I have to admit menopause is testing my nice behavior. But for the most part I do not let my moods control the nice person that I am. Now I must fess up. I am one of those people who when stress hits I fall into my work and work makes me happy. Thus it may be easier for me to be nicer than the average person cause I work so darn much!
Not Everyone Likes Nice
Those of you who have read my past post you know that I am trying to find a sense of who I am now that I am in my 40’s. After reading about nice in La La’s book, I am happy to find that my being nice is power. Reflection has also made me realize the following:
- I allow not so nice people to crush me. It’s hard for me to understand such unhappiness. I have lived a hard life and I am nice. How can they not be nice when I am? I find myself avoiding not so nice people.
- I plan to not judge and not let others attitudes affect me.
- I have found myself trying to force my nice nature on others.
- I plan to be nice and approachable as always but not go overboard on the non-receptive. Let’s face it. Not everyone likes nice. It can be annoying to some so I need to respect that. I will still be nice but give them space.
- I am not going to apologize for being nice. Being nice is just who I am. It is a gift. I see now how many opportunities I have been given in life just from being nice.
Nice or Not so Nice
If you are nice, realize it leads to power in life. Don’t try to change who you are. If you are not overly nice it’s not to late to be nicer. Remember Nice leads to Power. Figure out why you are not nice. Are there changes you need to make in your life? Manage your moods and keep them out of the work place. Make an effort to be nice. Take baby steps and you will be surprised by the outcome.