Source: A Moment of Sadness
Do you know someone who does not cry. Who expects only strength from fellow women? Read this text I sent the other day to such a young woman.
Glad u had that moment of sadness. A moment of poor me. It makes u human. It makes u stronger. It will make u compassionate in your chosen field. Those who have a pain free life are never prepared for life’s hurdles. They don’t know how to look at a situation and fix it. With your issue you need to honestly look at it and fix it.
So after I sent this text this young woman called me up and thanked me.
This situation made me realize we all need to have a moment of sadness in our lives. It can give us strength. It can cleanse our problems and force us to look at what is really causing those tears. With that knowledge we can fix the problem and as a bonus be a little more compassionate for others with similar issues in the future.
Love and live life, tears and all.
Owner and operator of Designer Name Brand Goods and More
Family owned business that specializes in like new and new designer clothing for women & men. We list daily, shoes, tops, blouses, pants, jeans, shorts, dresses, skirts, suits, blazers, accessories, & home goods.
Are you a nice person? I am. Been told at times to nice. According to La La Anthony’s book, The Power Playbook, being nice leads to power.
I have tried not to be “so” nice. I put on my tough face. I try to be a silent powerful force. I encourage myself to not say “Good Morning”. It only lasts 10 minutes before smiles and “can I help with that” bubbles out of me. Reading La La’s book made me realize it’s ok to be nice. Nice leads to power in your life. She made me realize that my being nice is actually my gift.
Nice is POWER
Being nice has given me the power to take care of my family. It enables me to continue to grow my eBay business. Being nice enabled me this past year to make a career change in a down economy so that I can provide my family with much needed medical benefits. Have you figured out that I work a ton? I do but you would never know it because I am nice! (I only whine to a few select friends!) Being nice got me the job and continues to grow my online business. Being nice makes me happy. Being nice allows me to continue to reach for the stars.
Life Can Steal Nice
No matter how tired I am. No matter how sad I am. No matter if I just got bad news, I am a nice person. I have to admit menopause is testing my nice behavior. But for the most part I do not let my moods control the nice person that I am. Now I must fess up. I am one of those people who when stress hits I fall into my work and work makes me happy. Thus it may be easier for me to be nicer than the average person cause I work so darn much!
Not Everyone Likes Nice
Those of you who have read my past post you know that I am trying to find a sense of who I am now that I am in my 40’s. After reading about nice in La La’s book, I am happy to find that my being nice is power. Reflection has also made me realize the following:
- I allow not so nice people to crush me. It’s hard for me to understand such unhappiness. I have lived a hard life and I am nice. How can they not be nice when I am? I find myself avoiding not so nice people.
- I plan to not judge and not let others attitudes affect me.
- I have found myself trying to force my nice nature on others.
- I plan to be nice and approachable as always but not go overboard on the non-receptive. Let’s face it. Not everyone likes nice. It can be annoying to some so I need to respect that. I will still be nice but give them space.
- I am not going to apologize for being nice. Being nice is just who I am. It is a gift. I see now how many opportunities I have been given in life just from being nice.
Nice or Not so Nice
If you are nice, realize it leads to power in life. Don’t try to change who you are. If you are not overly nice it’s not to late to be nicer. Remember Nice leads to Power. Figure out why you are not nice. Are there changes you need to make in your life? Manage your moods and keep them out of the work place. Make an effort to be nice. Take baby steps and you will be surprised by the outcome.
For me being in my 40’s has had a positive effect. For the first time in my life I feel comfortable in my own skin. It makes me wonder what was I missing in my teens, 20’s and 30’s?
I have come to a realization lately that my level of comfort was only due to a safe environment I crafted for myself. Self doubt never had a chance to creep back into my life. My career and friends were hand selected to ensure safety and success. Anyone or anything that altered those positive feelings were avoided. What I was missing in my 20’s and 30’s was never actually found.
My realization has come about due to a career change, my children growing up and lovely menopause. I feel blessed to have this sudden revelation. I had a false confidence of me but plan to develop a real sense of who I am. As I work on me I hope to strengthen my relationships with my family and friends. And maybe I will even allow some new relationships to enter my life!
My first step is to read and listen to some great books for real life tips. I am actually juggling two books now. You are a BADASS by Jen Sincero and The Power Playbook by La La Anthony. The Badass book I am reading by hard copy. The Power Playbook I am listening to in audio on my way to work and while I grow my eBay business in the evenings and weekends.
My next step is to share how I evolve. They say “sharing is caring.” Sharing my own grown each Sunday may create a difference for someone in similar shoes. So if you are an eBay customer who follows my online clothing store or if you have just stumbled on this article I hope you enjoy and grow with me.
Fun read sure to bring a smile and save you some money! #fashion #finances #clothing #budget
I am always astonished when I go on clothing shopping trips with family or friends.
The cost of clothing is crazy expensive! I have witnessed friends spend over $100 for just three items, if they are lucky. When they pull out that credit card, yes my mouth drops open and I instantly wish they would adopt me.
Sometimes I wonder if I could ever pay full price for clothing. Would I, say if I won the lottery go on a shopping spree and reenact the scene from my favorite movie, Pretty Woman? (For those of you to young to know the movie, you need to rent it today!)
But the answer to that question is no, I really don’t think so. I am a second hand girl at heart, who loves to find a deal. This is why I love finding a good deal on clothing;
- I love estimating my savings and applying them to my car loan to pay it off quicker.
- I love always having something new to wear.
- I love the feeling when I ruin a top that I don’t feel like $40 just went down the drain!
- I love it when I am constantly stopped and complimented on my clothing! As a side note, I have not mastered how to take a compliment! I should just say thank you but I always have to brag about how much I paid for the outfit!
- I love that clothing is my least expensive home bill!
So now that I have convinced you to check out second hand here are some places you can find good deals:
- eBay – online store owners – These small business owners invest monthly store fees to run and manage their store. They are serious sellers and invest a great deal of time to find you the deals. Remember, when you shop eBay you save GAS MONEY and you save TIME. And we all know, time is money!
- Second hand boutiques – In my area I love Gerri’s Closet in Green, Ohio and Twice is Nice in Hartville, Ohio. These boutiques are super cute and have a lovely, trendy environment.
- Goodwill – Involves some hunting and an investment of time.
I am one of those eBay store owners. Designer Name Brand Goods and More I dedicate my Saturdays and Sundays to finding “like new” clothing. Myself, husband and daughter work through the week to post these items in our eBay store. Talk about “family time”! I have been selling on eBay since 2003 and have loved every moment!
I hope this article was a fun and quick read. Check out second hand and think about applying those savings to a large bill such as a car loan. If back to school is tough on the budget start looking now for clothing on eBay for those little ones. They will never know unless you tell them!